Phoenix Chapter Scholarship Program
Helping to promote women in aviation and support them in reaching their aviation goals.
Each year The Phoenix Chapter of the Ninety-Nines offers up to two $2,000 scholarships to women in Arizona. The scholarships are to be used by the recipients to assist in obtaining a private pilot certificate, sport pilot certificate or for an advanced rating or training to further their pursuit in aviation. Applications must be submitted by June 15th of each respective year. Scholarship winners will be announced on or before September 15th of the respective year.
Private Pilot or Light Sport Pilot Certificate Scholarship:
- $500 upon completion of written exam
- $500 following successful solo
- $500 upon completion of long cross country (if required). If not, $500 will be paid upon completion of the flight hours required to complete the training.
- $500 upon completion of successful checkride
Advanced rating or training:
- $500 upon completion of written exam (if required). If not $500 will be paid upon completion of the flight hours required to complete the training.
- $1,000 upon completion of the flight hours required to complete the training.
- $500 upon completion of successful checkride or course completion.
- Female U.S. citizen and resident of the state of Arizona
- At least 17 years of age
- Proficient in English
Applications will be evaluated by three judges, who are qualified pilots but not members of our chapter. The judges will consider applicants based on the following criteria:
- Applicant’s commitment to aviation
- Strength of the Personal Essay
- Ability to achieve goals
- Applicants current or planned involvement in the aviation community and the Ninety-Nines
- Recommendation letters
- Other scholarships previously received to fund aviation training
Please scan and submit a single PDF that includes application and all required documents to Phoenix Ninety-Nines Scholarship Committee Chair, [email protected] Applications must be received by the June 15th deadline of each year.
Scholarship Application Form
To apply for the Phoenix Chapter Scholarship Program, please download the instructions/checklist and application using the buttons below.DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
- The $2,000 scholarship will be disbursed in increments and the applicant will have to initially pay for the training. The scholarship is designed to reimburse part of the training costs. Each scholarship will be paid to the applicant/winner upon receipt of sufficient proof of completion, such as: copies of written test results, copies of logbook entries signed by certified flight instructor, new certificate, or receipts for fuel/aircraft rental for hours flown.
- Any unused monies will revert back to the Phoenix Chapter of the Ninety-Nines Scholarship Fund.
- Agree to complete certificate or training course within one year. The one-year time frame begins September 15th of the year the scholarship was awarded.
If you have any questions or require help please contact the scholarship chair at: [email protected].